Mobile Developer (Android)
Isobar is looking for an Android developer on behalf of a leading multinational company.
Our new Android developer will be responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a vast number of diverse Android devices.
Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services.
You will be working other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure.
Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- At least three (3) years’ experience as a native Android applications developer with proven record of published original apps
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs and JSON to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Exceptional Java in embedded environments.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals (algorithms, data structures, memory management, concurrency) with demonstrated ability to apply these skills to solve hard real world problems
- SQL and SQLite
- Portfolio with Google Play links and description is necessary
Why Work for Isobar
We dream big. Together, we make great things happen. We like to create cool stuff and provide real value both to our clients and employees. We also grow big. What started as a 5 people company back in 2005 now has 65 people and an annual growth rate of more than 30%
We believe in people. We aim to provide the best possible services to our clients and we expect this from our CEO down to our secretary. That's why we expect self motivated people who underpromise & overdeliver
We pay well & fair. Our salaries are above market rates but we maintain a fun, supportive, laid-back work environment. Sometimes we put in long hours to accomplish our goals, but we pride ourselves on working smart—not putting in 80-hour work weeks. We also know you have a life outside of the office, so we’re generous with vacation, flex time, and holidays.
We offer competitive salaries based on skills & experience. We also provide:
- In-house training & education
- Group activities & free nights out
Isobar is a global full service digital marketing agency powered by nearly 3,900 people 73 offices across 42 markets and more than 1000 global clients.
We consist of 65 employees with vast expertise in Client Service, Creative work (Web Design, Animation, Copywriting, Concept, Word of Mouth etc) and Performance Marketing (SEO, Paid Search, Usability, Metrics, Social Media).
Client list includes Greece's most important advertisers like Coca-Cola, Heineken, Amstel, Vodafone, Aegean Airlines, Mondelez, L'Oreal, Nestle and many others.